Thursday, November 6, 2008

6:365









I LOVE fall. I think its the most amazingly beautiful season! I love the colors, the smells, the weather....I don't think there is anything I DON'T like about fall. I mean, really, whats not to like? Apples, pumpkins, fun, family...this time of year makes me happy. Now, my dad once told me that he doesn't like fall because its the "season of death", where everything is dying. The leaves fall because they're dying, etc. I guess the way I look at it is that it was a life well lived. The leaves are brought to life in the spring and thrive all through the summer. In the fall, they are at the peak of their life, bringing color and beauty to everything around. I can only hope that my life will be that of a leaf...and that I will only get better and more beautiful and vibrant with age.

I took Bailey to the park after I got off of work today. I snapped a few photos and was pretty happy with the results. I do wish it was a bit lighter out so that I could get a better photo of the quotes above the bridge...I couldn't get one at all because of how dark it was. The other, had to be a close up shot because it was also too dark for a distant shot. Anyway, I also got to play with some of the different settings on my camera. I'm really still learning. I don't really get the aperture setting and I'm not really sure when to use/what to set the shutter speed for. But, I'm learning...So these were my favorite pictures from the afternoon.

No comments: